Monday, March 2, 2009

Staying Home All Day?

If so, then this might be the recipe for you! This bolognese sauce, from Ann Burrell (really quirky new chef on the Food Network) took about 5 and a half hours from beginning to end. Was it worth it? I think so. This sauce had such a nice depth of flavor, plus anything with this much meat pleases the husband (I've been known to go days, and possibly even weeks w/out cooking meat for dinner). The great thing, is that it makes enough sauce for 2 boxes of pasta (I used a 13.5 oz box of whole grain spaghetti), so you can freeze half of it for another time if you want to!


The most important thing to note before trying this dish, which you'd definitely remember if you watch the Ms. Burrell make this on her Food Network show, is to be incredibly patient during the browning of the vegetables and then the browning of the meat. This is such an important step - so important in fact that Ann writes it into the recipe in all caps! Don't be tempted to rush through this like I usually am!!

3 comments:

stellanoche said...

This dish looks great!!!
I just started my own blog about cooking...you should follow me on it or at least check it out.
http://stregastellas.blogspot.com/

:)

stellanoche said...

I like this pasta dish, looks great!
I just made my own cooking Blog. You should check it out or follow me on it.
http://stregastellas.blogspot.com/
Hope all's well!
Liz

gaga said...

Mmmm, looks like a tasty pasta! 5 and a half hours though...I'm not sure I have the patience. I'm glad you did though!