Monday, June 9, 2008

Summery Goodness


I brought this dessert to my sister-in-law's graduation this past weekend and it seemed to be a big hit! I knew I wanted to make a trifle, but couldn't seem to find a recipe that sounded delicious but didn't take all day. I ended up studying a few recipes and coming up with my own.

Lemon Berry Trifle

Ingredients...

1 lb strawberries, sliced
1 pint blueberries
1 T sugar
juice from one lemon
1 8 oz container cool-whip
1 package instant lemon pudding
2 cups milk
8 oz sour cream
1 store-bought angel food cake, cut into cubes

Directions...

Combine strawberries, blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a bowl and set aside. Prepare pudding according to package directions. In a separate bowl, fold pudding and sour cream into cool-whip. In a large bowl (ideally, glass, but anything big enough and pretty enough to serve out of) place one layer of angel food cake cubes, top with 1/3 of berry mixture, then add 1/3 cool-whip mixture. Layer ingredients two more times, topping with cool-whip mixture. Reserve a few berries to decorate the top - especially if you don't have a glass bowl so people can kind of tell what's inside. Chill until ready to serve (at least 30 minutes).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a truffle bowl that I have been wanting to make more with, so maybe finally.

That Girl said...

Yum. Does anymore need to be said?