Chicken, Eggplant, and Basil Spaghetti
Ingredients**Note: All are estimated!!
- 1/2 lb spaghetti
- 1/2 lb boneless chicken tender
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- large handful basil leaves
- olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella (fresh would be great! I just didn't have any)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add spaghetti with a couple pinches of salt. Cook until al dente and drain.
Coat the chicken strips in the egg and then the flour and place in a large skillet, coated with a little olive oil. After about 5 minutes, turn the strips over. Cook another 3-4 minutes until they are done. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
Add about a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Sautee eggplant and garlic in olive oil for about 5 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Let simmer until some of the liquid has evaporated and the sauce has thickened a bit (about 7 or 8 minutes). Meanwhile, chop the cooked chicken into bite-sized pieces.
Add spaghetti, chicken, basil leaves and mozzarella to the pan. Toss and serve!